Welcome to East Barnet Health Centre
For general enquiries please email email@example.com
We are a G.P. Practice based in one Health Centre along with Practice Nurses and our administrative team.
Our GP’s run surgeries each morning and afternoon and the doctors can be contacted from 8am to 6.30pm. Some extended surgeries are available between 07:00 and 08:00. Please ask if you would like to have an appointment between these times.
We try to be informal, understanding and kind, not least because we have all, even the doctors and the receptionists, had to go to our own doctor and we know how it feels. But, if you think we have got it wrong, there is a complaints procedure form available at front desk. We will respond within 2 days.
Last reviewed 22.7.2020
Following NHS guidelines East Barnet Medical Centre is operating a minimal physical contact with patients. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY unless you have been booked to see a GP.
If you have a cough or fever please contact NHS 111 https://111.nhs.uk
For the latest coronavirus advice please visit www.nhs.uk
The following information is the current advice in place as of date above:
- All appointments will be telephone appointments or eConsult.
- Clinically urgent referrals will continue to be processed.
- We endeavour to process all prescriptions within 3 working days, however this may at times take up to 5 working days due to increased capacity
- All requests to be made electronically by email or online through patient access.
- Prescriptions will be processed and sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy for delivery/collection
- You will receive a reply email when your prescription has been processed
In an effort to reduce administrative workload we ask you not to follow up on repeat medication requests unless you have not heard from us within 5 working days.
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert.
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people.
- keep your distance (2 meters where possible)
- wash your hands regularly.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symtoms.
- If you are self-isolating for 7 days you do not need a sick note from your GP as you can self certify, please download/print a Self certificate from
- If you are isolating please go to www.111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
- this service is for people
- who have symptoms of coronavirus
- live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus
I am not sure if I should isolate:
- If you are a patient with a severe respiratory condition such as Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma or COPD and feel you require a rescue pack please contact the surgery to book a telephone appointment with a doctor
Am I a high risk patient:
I am an extremely vulnerable patient and need to shield, what is shielding and what do my household members have to do:
Sick notes/ Letters for employers:
- Please be aware at present the practice will not be providing sick notes or letters for employers for any patients relating to isolation or taking time off following receipt of a letter from the NHS as you are on the extremely vulnerable list.
- If you are isolating - please use links above to obtain an isolation note
- If you have received a letter from the NHS - the letter from the NHS will suffice for your employers.
- We will not be providing letters advising other household members need to be shielding with you. Please see advice on shielding (in the I am an extremely vulnerable patient section) and staying at home as above
- We will not be providing letters for patients who wish to shield as a household member has received a letter from the NHS. Please see advice on shielding in the I am an extremely vulnerable patient section above.
- We will not be providing letter to patients you are exempt from wearing masks.
Access: There are also disabled toilet facilities available.
HIE-Health Information exchange (Privacy Notice)
Notice: Dr David Monkman retiring
Access to General Practice Services -Evening and Weekend Appointments: 8am -8pm
What happens when I am referred by my GP?
Patient Information Leaflet
Guidelines for patients following referral.
Guidelines for patients
Practice Research Active Statement
Please click on the link to read our Summer Newsletter.
(Site updated 12/08/2020)